Saturday 11 October 2014

beauty review: my first ever GLOSSYBOX!!

Oh em gee I don't think I was this excited about receiving something in the post for ages!! After stumbling across Glossybox on Twitter, I was extremely tempted to try one for myself. The concept is brilliant: monthly deliveries of beauty product samples from brands both familiar and unfamiliar, and all for £10 or less! Say whaaat...?!


The packing itself was gorgeous, I felt guilty tearing off the outer Royal Mail layer alone! 




eeee! 

I was lucky to receive a limited edition version of the box, designed by Karen Millen and had a lovely illustration of the London city skyline done in watercolours. So far so good...!! 



I really couldn't help getting a few snappy snaps of the interior of the box before I opened it. I was just so immaculate and beautifully finished. And finally, the contents of the box included... (pictured above)

- L'Oreal Professionel Mythic Oil 
- GOSH Chubby blush stick 
- nails Inc Matte clear nail polish 
- More Brows Eyebrow Mascara 

Hands down, my favourite has to be the GOSH chubby blusher stick. At first when I received it I couldn't help but think 'hmm, eh?' And just HOW am I supposed to smear this chunky gooey thing across my face? 
I'm a bit of a rookie on the beauty scene (I get most of my beauty tips from reddit.com/r/makeupaddiction, soz! But if you're a beauty noob like myself, it's a forum seriously worth checking out) but after a few practices and attempts, this little item has worked its way into my daily beauty routine. I would recommend it to everyone! 

The L'Oreal Mythic Oil was a bit of a spoil, it is currently retailed at £13.20 so having it to pop up in my box made me feel all giggly and spoilt inside. Sort of like Christmas! It really is a bit of a jack of all trades! Smoothes down fizzy hair like no other product I know, adds shine, softens and according to my boyfriend "smells like a summer". What a QT. 

Sadly, the remaining two products fell a little bit short of my expectations. I'm a serial nail biter so nail Inc Matte clear nail polish had little-to-no effect on me. However, watch this space because I am dapper with a set of false nails and might post a review or two in the future. 
And with very fair blonde eyebrows, and a fan of the sculpted eyebrow look, I've never warmed to eyebrow mascara, so sorry, More Brows! This time round you don't win the trophy.

But all-in-all, Glossybox, you were an absolute delight and for a first taster box I think I'll definitely be coming back again! 

Cheers all!

Matilda Jane   
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment